Give me a reason why you should watch HEROES?

I know some of you are so tied up during the school term that you do not feel you can justify the time spent watching any of the TV serials you have heard so much about.

Alternatively, you could have been so addicted to TV and the computer that your parents have threatened to cut your allowance.

If I can offer any help, let me share with you why you should watch NBC's Heroes, strictly from the educational point of view, of course.

The Reasons:
- it is a wonderful example of the marriage of genres - it has elements of the comic book, drama serial and sci-fi series and even role-playing games,
- following Hiro Nakamura's teleportation or time travel will hone your skills at tracing the plot of a story - the time-space continuum just gets longer and more layered as he travels back and forth in time - and
- each "HERO" is a character study in itself, as we uncover their internal conflicts with their dark past and unsatisfactory present.

All this in name of the study of English Literature! But of course, if you had chosen to drop English Literature earlier, I can't help you there!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am greatly impressed by your dedication to and love for the subject. I welcome you to my site. Let's see whether we can build up friendship.
Anonymous said…
hmm it isn't too late to pick it back up?

I dropped literature at sec 2, but I picked it back up in uni and I have a degree in it, and am doing my masters now. I do feel I must've missed out on a lot but it can't be helped....

It is good to see someone promoting the subject though. I do think pedagogy is a large part of making students like literature -- I remember I didn't 'get' my sec 1 and 2 lit teachers at all -- which made me fed up with the whole subject ('subject'?)

Popular Posts