2nd posting for today: Stuck in a Marks Rut for ENGLISH?

First, go into my earlier topics on challenges you may face in English Language.

My knowledge of html links being wanting, please type in the following in Search This Blog (above):
Get Your Adjectives Right - Curse with Class

Respinning Quotes For Your English Essay

Story-endings and the Language of your Dreams

Next:

Choose 3 topics/issues to busy your mind with each week. To begin, have a current media issue, an issue of popular interest and (make yourself do this last one) one of international interest.

When you are reading about the first, it could be anything that people are now watching, listening or paying attention to online. Quite a number of my Singapore Idol and American Idol postings are just that. But those represent my spin on it. You should have your intelligent spin on it.

When you are reading about the second, there is really no telling what it might be - it could be the Elections, the NKF issue, or a recent brutal murder. The more popular, the better. While going about your reading here, you are beefing up your knowledge of social issues and you need to be that aware to write meaningful stories and punch in powerful observation in argumentative essays.

As for the third, here you are deriving insight about the best, the worst, and often the most enduring of the human condition. World leaders never seem to fail to deliver, wars go on for generations and history is a story retold many times.

So to my ex-pupil, I will get my lessons online as soon as I can. I find the little writing I do here a pleasure - especially when I am allowed to hold forth in a self-created Elliot Yamin mini Idol world - so please share this little secret about THE LIT. CRUSADER with your friends.

Comments

Popular Posts