Appeal to share - 2nd posting for today

to those of you who are frequent but secret visitors of my blog, I would like to share a humble view I hold dear.

I have found that the benefits of any kindness or generosity on my part always far outweighed the effort I had to put into anything. Oftentimes we can't see the value of what good we do until much later. In this spirit, conscious that I may never hear from you, all I am going by is the counter at the right column.

I ask only this of you: Please share this freely with your friends. I will stick to entertaining your language learning and literature study needs and hope that in a modest way, more students will go as far as they can to pursue Literature as course of study.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wvdear nora
saw yr passion for lit displayed once again ...

anyway just wanted to let you know ...I had just finished reading Kite-Runner by Khaled Hosseini & now on to Tash Aw's The Harmony Silk Factory.
Kite Runner was good,painstakingly paints the Afghanistan & the Muslim world...& deals with issues of betrayal,revenge,loyalty, friendship & hidden pains.

For Tash Aw's book I am trying to deconstruct the book/ doing an in depth analysis to see the structure ... after all here's a book abt M'sia written by an Asian winning a Whitbread Book Award 2005- so tearing it apart to see its winning formula..

take care .. jg the thai project
Mrs De said…
Everybody take note! you heard it here first from Janet! But seriously, it is a truth universally acknowledged that she who puts in the effort to deconstruct will be in possession of great insights. Yes.

Popular Posts