Motivation Programmes - Sift out the HYPE

Hey, it is time I confessed. I have been leading a double life. No, I am not referring to my online Eng Enrichment lessons. I have been (gleefully!) helping me husband with something that intrigues me - generating self-discovery and transformation programmes. Yeah.. I can hear you say... so she's into motivational programmes too.

So here's where I declare that I am allergic to HYPE. Hype doesn't follow you home after a programme; it leaves very decidedly after your head hits your pillow.

I have attended Anthony Robbins, master trainer, and the mother of all transformation programmes "Money and You" and read countless literature on the subject of personal change. I have personally woken up the "dead" among some of my students to get them to claim goals they did not dare express before.

I also know some people who have astral-travelled. Really. But they are overseas.

There are plenty of courses out there that claim to deliver the sun, stars and the moon to your bedroom. Best way to tell if the programme really delivers is to see if they are trying really hard to plug other products or most telling of all, if they in fact tag on what they call an on-going programme (which you either paid for or will have to pay for additionally). If the programme worked, you should not need to have someone watch over your study progress over an extended period. If you did get the point of your programme, you should be doing it YOURSELF! It can only mean that you still need the hand-holding.

In fact, while someone with excellent training skills, great empathy and extensive experience "reading" others and helping them identify solutions to their problems is the ideal trainer, the trainer's job is quite independent of the content, the real work is in "reading" the participant, the student, the pupil, and for the programme to be successful, YOU have to want success and be coaxed to the point that you are not afraid to reach out for it!

Berita Harian publicised Life Mastery Academy's 2-day Youth, You Can Fly! programme last Saturday and because of an error in the course fee indicated ($225 instead of $295), if you call before Wed and cite the Berita report, you will get the accidental discount honoured!

If you find the website too wordy, blame it on me!

Comments

Popular Posts